Childeric Primary School
Childeric is a primary school based in New Cross. We provide education for children aged 3 to 11 years (Nursery, Reception, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2).
Our pupils come from a very wide range of ethnic backgrounds that truly reflects the diversity of our community. Between them, our children speak over 40 different languages. We have a friendly, hard-working team of staff who are committed to raising achievement. The staff, and our governors, support a strong ethos of inclusion of all pupils.
Vision and Ethos
We Care, We Share, We Believe, We Achieve
Underpinning everything we do is an absolute commitment to equality of opportunity for all our pupils. We want all at Childeric to have equal opportunity to achieve and succeed and we try to ensure that all aspects of the curriculum and ethos of the school lead to that outcome.
The aims of our school are to enable all pupils:
- To provide a high quality education to all pupils through a rich, diverse and inspiring curriculum
- To promote a positive atmosphere in which children are encouraged to reach their full potential and take pride in their achievements
- To value, respect and celebrate the diversity of cultures and religions of our school and to encourage children to feel a part of their community
- To provide a safe, secure and supportive environment in which all children feel valued and respected
- To encourage children’s well-being by creating an ethos that nurtures and develops self-esteem
- To give our children the confidence and desire to make a meaningful contribution to the wider world and to develop a strong sense of social responsibility