John Donne Primary School
JOHN DONNE PRIMARY SCHOOL
John Donne is an Outstanding Academy Primary School in the heart of Peckham.
Vision and Ethos
Our vision is that John Donne Primary School will act as a positive catalyst for change and improvement, working with all its parents.
The aims of our school are to enable all pupils:
- To improve on their previous best.
- To be happy in school and to find pleasure in learning.
- To live in an ethos of fairness, honesty and mutual respect among all members of the school community.
- To develop self-discipline and a positive self image.
- To be prepared for the next stage in their academic career and for life.
John Donne Primary School will:
- Become a Centre of Excellence.
- Develop as a local 'Hub' that provides a range of extended and complimentary services to include health, art and culture;
- Further extend its links and reputation locally, nationally and internationally as part of a network that shares and supports effective practice;
- Develop as a 'training centre' in order to provide a range of educational training facilities;
- Be developed as an 'environmentally friendly' enterprise and promote sustainability in all its work;